Sunday, March 20, 2011

Barn Raising

A few months ago I was invited to a Thirty One party. I new that I would not know that many people (which usually makes me shy away from events), but this time I NEEDED a night away from the girls. I was right, I only knew the host. I was fixing to sneak away early, when I overheard one of the women talking about homeschooling. She was so animated and excited about things. We soon struck up a conversation. And I am so glad we did. It was on that day I met Kimberley Robinson. I learned that night about her large family and was able to meet some of the most well mannered preteens I have ever met. We parted ways that day and became friends on Facebook. That summer we happened to run into her and the children at the splash pad about month later. And again, she was so friendly and fun to talk to. So the other day, when I saw her plea for help to raise a cattle barn at her house, I quickly asked Cole. He thought it was a fun idea and we made plans to attend. I am so glad we did.

I cannot tell you how much fun we had. I know why the Amish still have barn raisings. What a wonderful day of food, fellowship, friends, and laughing children (and that isn't to mention the actually barn raising :) ) Ansley made a wonderful friend in Kimberley's Murphy. They were so cute telling secrets and holding hands. Ansley and Charlotte made their first mud pies and giggled like I have never heard before. The purity and simplicity in that day was more than I can put in words. The girls (who normally are shy and quiet when meeting new people) were relaxed and at ease. Before we had lunch Charlotte had already spread her blanket out to take a nap under an oak tree. I thank you so much Kimberley and Phillip for a wonderful day! I think the pictures will say more than I can ever describe in words.














No comments:

Post a Comment