Monday, April 11, 2011

SCHOOL!!

If you have known me for any length of time you know one fact I LOVE SCHOOL. I get all giddy walking in a store and seeing all the supplies arranged all perfectly. I love the planning. I love the teaching. I love seeing the "lightbulb" flip when a child understands. I love school! I was the weird kid that was ready to go back to school way before summer ended. I love the smell of books and one of my favorite things to do is to go buy new school supplies. I would look in the mailbox every day just to see if the letter containing the supply list and even better...the letter that told me MY teacher. Like I said, I am weird. My book bag was packed and ready to go weeks before school ever started. So doesn't it make sense that I would become a school teacher? And if you thought I loved school before, teaching took it to a NEW level. While I was teaching I was at the school basically all summer long. I was literally doing whatever I could do just to be in the building. Again, I LOVE SCHOOL. And here comes the big "but." BUT!! After Ansley was born, I could not focus anymore. I would think about my precious little one literally all day! Now I was still teaching my kids at school and Ansley was fine (she was with my mom). But, when it came time to renew my contract, I simply could not do it. Cole and I prayed about it and he finally told me to quit! I could not believe it. I (Mrs. Work And Never Leave) was going to be a stay-at-home mom and I couldn't have been more excited. But first, remember all those school supplies? Yeah, where are we going to put them? Thankfully, our neighbor was going to be a first year teacher in the fall and she took most of them. The rest of them I secretly stashed in the attic. I told you I was weird. I have pulled them out as Ansley has gotten older and I can proudly say that we are fixing to OFFICIALLY start homeschooling! I am again so excited. I read curriculum catalogs like they are novels. I talk to anyone I can about homeschooling and what they do. I read blogs and look dreamily at school supply stores. I am so happy to have the best of both worlds. And I have a little feeling that Ansley is just like her Momma! I am still not sure what curriculum we will choose, but I do know that I am going to use some of the great things from www.ConfessionsofaHomeschooler.blogspot.com. She has great printables and things you can download for a small price and the girls love it! Stay tuned for all the school fun to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment