Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins

This post is for Keri, who asked me about the recipe. The muffins turned out great. However, if I were to make them again I would make some changes.

1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or gf flour...I think I am going to use almond flour next time)
1/3 cup Sucanat (brown or white sugar will work fine)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil (melted and cooled)
2/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 chocolate chips (I love the way the mini chocolate chips taste in muffins)

Stir together dry ingredients.
Mix in butter, milk, and egg.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Scoop into 9-12 paper lined muffin tins.
Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Some of my personal preferences:
*If I were going to use coconut oil, I would use half coconut and half butter. I am from the south and well we like putting butter in everything.
*You can never have to many chocolate chips, so I never measure them.
*When I bake with gluten free all purpose flour I always add xantham gum. I am still not sure what the purpose of it is, but I think it is to help it be a little chewy.
*Like every other muffin, don't mix it to much. They get tough.

And lastly, there is no picture because gf muffins are never really pretty. But they sure are yummy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment