Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gratituesday: On Wednesday

Yes I am writing a gratituesday blog on Wednesday. And I know I did not publish one last week. It has been one of THOSE weeks. I am not exactly sure what has been going on, but to say that I was in a funk, would be an understatement. It has taken me two good weeks to get over this hump. But, let me tell you, God is faithful and good. And on Monday, I had one of those "only God" experiences.

Our church has organized visitation every Monday. And just like the the last few Mondays, the girls were in moods. You know, the type of mood where you don't want to keep them yourself, much less take them for some poor nursery worker to have to deal with them. So I skipped. I knew there was someone I really needed to go see, but I skipped.
We did a few fun family things. Even got to spend a little time with a family we just don't get to hang out with much any more. It was great and refreshing. But when I got home, I still had that feeling (I really should have visited that person).
After I got the girls to bed, God said it again (I did not know God was telling me this until afterward). And at 9:00 pm, God opened that door. The person, that I felt I needed to see, was reaching out. This time I was paying attention and was able to spend some time with a wonderful person who needed me.

So this week, I am thankful for a God who doesn't give up. He pokes ME until we pay attention. He gives ME the verses, He speaks to MY heart, and most importantly, He loves ME!

*While I was in the middle of typing this, Ansley came to me with a picture of Jesus on the cross. She said, "Mommy, tell me the story of Jesus." Man, I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment