Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pizza Roll

These pizza rolls happen to be the easiest things in the world to make. I am pretty sure you could make them up and stick them in the freezer (that way you always have something on hand to serve on one of THOSE days).

1 roll of pizza dough (we used thin crust)
pizza sauce
cheese
toppings of your choice
olive oil

Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface.
Spread a layer of tomato sauce
Add cheese and all of your toppings (I used two types of cheese and pepperoni)


Begin rolling the pizza crust into a log.


Brush the roll with a little olive oil.
Place in an oven preheated to 375 degrees and bake for 15-25 minutes or until brown.
Let cool and slice into 2 inch pieces. Enjoy!

I forgot to take a "straight out of the oven shot". But this is the sliced one. I have to say it was YUMMY!


I am pretty sure this would be great to wrap in plastic wrap and put into the freezer (if it were to make it that far). I would not bake it first. Just defrost and bake as instructed.

Now for all of my gluten free friends.

I attempted to make this gluten free. It was a gluten free failure. GF pizza crust is way to sticky to roll. It turned into a mess. I actually scooped it off the pan and threw it into the sink. A friend ours actually asked why there was lasagna in the sink. Charlotte ended up eating a gluten free pizza. I will continue working on a way for this to work for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment