Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Friends

Don't you just love a good friend?
Someone who knows you better than you know yourself.
Someone who knows how you are going to respond, before you even hear the question.
A person who is like a breath of fresh air no matter how long it has been since you have talked to them.

Now I know some of you are thinking that Prince Charming should be my best friend. And he is. But, there is nothing like that childhood friend.

I have one of those friends. She has been my friend since the 7th or 8th grade.

Our relationship actually started because of a fight in the girls locker room! I know, it is an odd place for a relationship to start. But, that day while the bullies were at it throwing names around and hurting others, we became friends.

I don't know who stood up for who, but that day a wonderful friendship began.

The funny thing is before this day we had played softball together, lived across the street from each other, and been in class together for YEARS. To my knowledge, we had never even spoken to each other.

We have had our ups and downs. There was a time that we shared every minute together. We dreamed our dreams together. We almost wrecked cars together because we were laughing to hard to see. We went through a carwash in a convertable together. Her mom was my mom and my mom was her's.

There was also a time we let a person come between us. We even went a year or so without speaking. We went to seperate colleges. We made new friends.

 But I knew that she was only a phone call away.

We were at each other's weddings and cried tears of joy when we heard about each expected baby.

She has moved all over the country. She has moved back.

As of now we live in the same town, and we still don't get to see each other as much as we like. But she is my friend. And I love her.

I am so glad my sweet Ansley has a good friend. I can see the adventures they will have together. The memories they are making now are just as special as the ones I made. They are just as opposite from each other and the same all rolled into one. They are the yen to the other's yang. They encourage each other and pull each other along when the other is feeling scared. They are quick to tell each other to be nice and share. They talk like to old women. They talk like I feel. They are special.





Don't you just love a good friend?

I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment